Event Announcement: Timeline to College, A Webinar by Gabrielle Glancy — Thursday, May 20, 4:30PST/7:30 EST
The world and the world of college admissions have undergone enormous changes in the last year as a result of the pandemic.
Join Gabrielle Glancy, College Admissions Expert, Former Admissions Director, College Essay Guru this Thursday, May 20, 2021, 4:30 PST/7:30 EST in a webinar sponsored by Park Slope Parents on the impact of COVID on college admissions.
Click here for more information and to register for this important event:
It’s time to lower our own anxiety and help our kids raise their chances of getting in where they want to go.
Please join PSP and Expert College Counselor, Gabrielle Glancy, Founder & Director of New Vision Learning, author of UNSTUCK: How to Break Through Writer’s Block, Find Your Voice and Get Into the College of Your Dreams and The Art of the College Essay for a PSP Timeline to College webinar on Thursday May 20th @ 7:30pm. REGISTER HERE
Having worked in admissions for three separate colleges and universities, Gabrielle has heard, and even orchestrated, the conversations that go on behind closed doors. She understands what it takes to get in.
This webinar will lay out the fundamentals of the college process while also discussing the changes to admissions brought about by COVID. Gabrielle will discuss: what to do when; how to think about college admissions in these crazy times; and how to help our kids make a realistic and timely plan for applying to college.
What: PSP Timeline to College with Gabrielle Glancy
When: Thursday, May 20th
Time: 7:30pm – 8:30pm
Cost: $25.00/members & $30.00/non-members**
You will receive a confirmation link from Zoom 24 hours before the webinar. This webinar will be recorded but you must register to receive the link.
**PSP wants everyone to have the opportunity to attend our informational webinars. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gabrielle will focus on topics such as:
- Choosing Colleges: How do you go about making a list, especially now?
- The role of grades in evaluating applications since COVID
- Early Decision/Early Action/Restrictive Early Action: What’s the difference and what difference do they make to college admissions/acceptance?
- College Essay Overview: What to expect and how to prepare from one of the topmost experts in the field
- The COVID Supplement: What to Write About/How to Write It
- Parent’s Role in College Essays: Do you get involved or not? To what extent, in what way(s)?
- Recommendations: How does a kid help recommenders know them when they’ve never met them?
- Interviews? Tips on how to avoid the pitfalls of – and rock – a virtual interview.
- Summer Plans: How important are they?
- Test Optionality: SAT/ACT — Who should take the test and who should opt out?